NECTA SNACKY RY - CARD READER COMMUNICATION PROBLEM

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
Alexis57440
Area Covered: France, Vending snack
Machines Used: SNACKY RY, CURRENZA C2, SELF2000
Referred by?: google

Re: NECTA SNACKY RY - CARD READER COMMUNICATION PROBLEM

Post by Alexis57440 »

The coin mech has multiple cables,
for the communication side with VM it has both mdb/executive cable and compatibility you can choose,
I use executive socket and settings, then the coin mec do the translation/communication between mdb equipment plugged to it and executive instruction of old VM even if the VM has no mdb plug at all
(but it would have been the same if I plugged the coin mec to MDB of the VM and set to mdb mode for VM communication)

For the internal communication between coin mec and bill acceptor/card reader it use mdb cable and protocol

So actually my setup is executive for the VM/coin mec communication/socket, and mdb between coin mec/card reader and bill acceptor
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: NECTA SNACKY RY - CARD READER COMMUNICATION PROBLEM

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Yes i understand dual protocol coin mechs albeit they are old as every mech now is just mdb , single 6 pin plug for mdb and then 2 plugs for exec , 1 for power 1 for communication. Your speaking to old school here, I remember jones connection which was another protocol from the 80s

Ive just never seen an exec protocol card reader before thats all, and never known an evoca machine that can run dual

:-)
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com