David@Perform
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Full UK Coverage
Machines Used: Washroom, Sweets, tubz vending, SWP, Discapa, Toys, Crane
Referred by?: Google

Re: Designing a new machine

Post by David@Perform »

Commission is paid on the net of VAT sales before COS is taken off. Sites ain't bothered what some cost us as long as we get what they want. We're vending a lot of 6" glow sticks at £2 each. I don't plan to change this as its working for us plus it helps when averaging margin out against the other lines we use in the machine.
Some folks out there will look for a 6 month ROI we look at 12 months when planning as it give you a bit of leeway.
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:Was it not Matt that invited you on here?????

Was me Noel, I saw his post on UK business forums asking for investment so sent an email telling him about the forum :thumbup:

Cheers

Ross
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Great stuff Ross. Lee is definitely an asset to the forum, as are all members who post.
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Ross from Vendition

Post by Vend And Glow »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:Great stuff Ross. Lee is definitely an asset to the forum, as are all members who post.
Kind words Noel, Thanks. I find the forum a great source of knowledge.
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Yep, he's open, honest and gives feedback. All that anybody can ask.
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

Ok been speaking with the designers and i really want a capsule vend on the machine.

My problem is i don't have any experience of capsule vending!

My designer has asked if i can get the mechanism that is used for vending capsules from other existing machines and they will then make a new case for it that fits with my machine? Basically retro fit an existing mech into the new machine and vend capsules.

I was told in an earlier thread that the 90 -100mm capsules are the most popular but to be honest i am thinking a 65mm capsule would be best as i dont want the machine to be too big.

So what are the best mechs/gubbins that i can use in the new machines that would take a 65mm capsule and where could i get them from?

Also is there a good choice of products for 65mm capsules?

I don't really want to go around buying full capsule machines if i dont have too so any help on this part would be great.

I could do with as much advice as possible.

So just to recap, i want to put an existing capsule mechanism in a new case that will feature in my new machine.

Would 65mm give me a good choice of products?

Thanks

Lee
mikeholness
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: STOKE/CREWE/WARRINGTON/CHESTER
Machines Used: tower and pringles
Referred by?: rob from salysol gb

Post by mikeholness »

Hi Lee

I have got a few old tomy toy vending machines in my garage that i use for spares that are in working order.
I can let you borrow a machine for as long as you need it so you can see how machine works.
I only live down the road in northwich and work in Crewe once a week so i could easily drop a machine off in Nantwich.

Mike Holness
Topvend
Vend And Glow wrote:Ok been speaking with the designers and i really want a capsule vend on the machine.

My designer has asked if i can get the mechanism that is used for vending capsules from other existing machines and they will then make a new case for it that fits with my machine? Basically retro fit an existing mech into the new machine and vend capsules.

I was told in an earlier thread that the 90 -100mm capsules are the most popular but to be honest i am thinking a 65mm capsule would be best as i dont want the machine to be too big.

So what are the best mechs/gubbins that i can use in the new machines that would take a 65mm capsule and where could i get them from?

I don't really want to go around buying full capsule machines if i dont have too so any help on this part would be great.

So just to recap, i want to put an existing capsule mechanism in a new case that will feature in my new machine.

Thanks

Lee
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

mikeholness wrote:Hi Lee

I have got a few old tomy toy vending machines in my garage that i use for spares that are in working order.
I can let you borrow a machine for as long as you need it so you can see how machine works.
I only live down the road in northwich and work in Crewe once a week so i could easily drop a machine off in Nantwich.

Mike Holness
Topvend
Vend And Glow wrote:Ok been speaking with the designers and i really want a capsule vend on the machine.

Thanks

Lee
Hi Mike

Small world, i grew up in Barnton and lived there most of my life until i moved to Nantwich around 7 years ago so i know Northwich very well.

You will have to tell me about these capsule machines as i know nothing about them?

What size caps do they take, is there a good selection of toys to buy for them, are spares easy to get hold of and are the Tomy machines popular and are they reliable? A lot of questions i know but like i said i have never even touched a capsule machine so iam a complete newbee!

Thanks

Lee

My lock up is in Middlewich
mikeholness
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: STOKE/CREWE/WARRINGTON/CHESTER
Machines Used: tower and pringles
Referred by?: rob from salysol gb

Post by mikeholness »

Hi Lee

I'm a Weaverham man now living in Northwich.

There are a number of different machines on market that dispence the capsules.
Discapa/tomy/Bandai/3l wonder.
All will take 56mm or 63mm capsules no problem.
Loads of different stock for these machines from different suppliers.

I have got a spare tomy and Bandai you can have a look at.all machines tend to work the same just coin mechs seem to be set up different.
All machines seem to be very reliable.I would say Discapa seem to be the best.
I have more Tomys than any other and dont have a problem with them.

Mike Holness
Topvend

Vend And Glow wrote:
mikeholness wrote:Hi Lee

Mike Holness
Topvend

Thanks

Lee
Hi Mike

Small world, i grew up in Barnton and lived there most of my life until i moved to Nantwich around 7 years ago so i know Northwich very well.

You will have to tell me about these capsule machines as i know nothing about them?

What size caps do they take, is there a good selection of toys to buy for them, are spares easy to get hold of and are the Tomy machines popular and are they reliable? A lot of questions i know but like i said i have never even touched a capsule machine so iam a complete newbee!

Thanks

Lee

My lock up is in Middlewich
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

Thanks

Lee
Hi Lee might be worth contacting toyvend they make the own capules on site now they may have some input for you