Posts about Snack/Drink vending machines
Ryanlt
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Machines Used: Darenth 1066 Auto VIP
Referred by?: Google

Starfood

Post by Ryanlt »

I recently took one of these in on a part exchange, but have never used one before. It powers up an displays
"Open Slider
Slider No. 9".

It reads this whether the doors are open or closed and I can't seem to clear the issue. I've tried setting dip switch 1 to on to power the machine up into an autotest and the screen reads "Pr. Filler". I can't seem to clear this message either.

The first message is particularly odd because the machine only has 8 rows. I've checked the wiring on the motor for the bottom slider and it all seems fine. I've also tried swapping the wiring with other slider motors to see if I get "slider No. 7/8 etc" but the message never changes from "No. 9". The slider itself is slack and can easily be pushed back and forth so I'm assuming the motor has gone, but I can't seem to get the machine up and running at all to run a test because of the message.
Is the control board/eprom shot?

Does anybody have any ideas on what I could try next? Hugely appreciate any help - with my limited knowledge of Necta machines I really am stumped.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Starfood

Post by Coin Operated Group »

I never worked on them
Either sorry, n&w do have a helpline search on Internet for number, they are quite helpful . Leave a message and they do call back.

It does sound like an initialisation problem maybe to program how many rows are in the machine ?

Good luck
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
T-Vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Klix/skittles & minstrels
Referred by?: Google

Re: Starfood

Post by T-Vend »

"Pr filler" is what's displayed when you open the small service door? That's normal.
You use the two little black switches to enter different modes and then use the top three shelf buttons to scroll through the menus.

Not sure about the "9" fault as mines a 10 shelf model.

James